Andreas' UI and design blog

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Welcome to my design and UI blog

Greetings. For quite a while now I wanted to create a blog like this because almost every day I see something that is just sooo stupidly designed, or baffles me so much, or annoys me so much that I just want to scream. Or at least tell somebody to get it off my chest. So this blog will contain a lot of ranting and bitching about things that apparently are just badly designed.

But wait, I don't want to only rant, because as an HCI person I am very much aware of the most important law of UI design (IMHO): there is no perfect design! YOu can, at best, design something really well to support a specific task in a specific situation. But a universally perfect design...? Nope, not possible. And everybody who thinks they got it, has overlooked something. So I want to think a bit about why something might have been done a certain way, and maybe I even can come up with suggestions for improvement. I see this as much as opportunity for ranting as for exercising my own design thinking.

Let the games begin!

1 Comments:

  • Couldn't resist... I just HAD to post a comment to my own blog to try it out ;)

    By Blogger Andreas, at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home